Advancement of Microbial Technologies for Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Little Things with BIG Impacts -
July 20, 2022
Location: Columbus, OH and Online via Zoom
Our hybrid conference will provide attendees with a learning opportunity about beneficial microbes (fungi and bacteria) used to stimulate plant growth, enhance product quality and to control pests and diseases under controlled environment conditions.
The Ohio Controlled Environment Agriculture Center's (OHCEAC) first annual CEA conference will be accessible on July 20, 2022 in person at the Kunz-Brundige Franklin County Extension Building in Columbus, OH and online via Zoom. The program will start with four invited speakers providing scientific, technological and regulatory background of beneficial microbes including the future of this growing market and research needs. Specific microbial technologies include biostimulants, biofungicides and biopesticides. Conference presentations will also include scientific research project updates from multiple research groups at The Ohio State University.
- Matthew Krause, PhD; Lallemand Plant Care
- "Microbial Biofungicides and Biostimulants: Vital Tools for Managing Health of Protected Crops"
- Jane Patterson Fife, PhD; 3Bar Biologics
- "Putting Microbes to Work: Solving Problems in Infinite Space"
- Ben Holt, PhD; AgBiome, Inc.
- "Industry-University Collaboration Developing Biopesticides for Disease Control in Hydroponics"
- Trevor Charles, PhD; University of Waterloo, Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research & Metagenom Bio Life Science Inc.
- "Healthy Hydroponics - Exploring the CEA Microbiome"
The conference will also feature research presentations from Ohio State University:
- Michelle Jones, PhD; Department of Horticulture and Crop Science
- Christopher Taylor, PhD; Department of Plant Pathology
- Sanja Ilic, PhD; Department of Human Sciences
- Melanie Lewis Ivey, PhD; Department of Plant Pathology
- Timothy Frey, PhD; Department of Plant Pathology
- Silvia Valles; Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
If you would like to sponsor OHCEAC's conference - please check out our "Become a Conference Sponsor" page for more information.
There are many hotels in the Columbus area to choose from but these hotels are only a short drive from the conference at the Kunz-Brundige Franklin County Extension Building (2548 Carmack Rd, Columbus, OH 43210).
- Blackwell Hotel (1.6 Miles Away - 5 Minute Drive): 2110 Tuttle Park Place Columbus, OH 43210
- Hampton Inn & Suites (2.2 Miles Away - 6 Minute Drive): 3160 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
- Hilton Garden Inn (2.2 Miles Away - 5 Minute Drive): 3232 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (2.0 Miles Away - 5 Minute Drive): 3045 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
- Springhill Suites (2.0 Miles Away - 6 Minute Drive): 1421 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43212
- Staybridge Suites Columbus (2.1 Miles - 5 Minute Drive): 3125 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
There are many nearby restaurants, shops and activities around Columbus for you to experience during your stay. You can also search Experience Columbus's website for recommendations.
Thanks to Our Conference Sponsors
Conference Media Partner
We invite you to join us on July 20th for this full day event!
All presentations will be recorded and accessible by the registered participants for an extended time for reviewing online.
Program specifics will be updated on this webpage as it becomes available.
Hosted by the Ohio Controlled Environment Agriculture Center (OHCEAC)